Find what inspires you!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Memoir Mini's II

Memoir Mini Books II :
This is the 2nd collection of memoir mini books (ATC size) that I created, I hope you enjoy viewing them. I will  walk thru the first book to provide you an idea of what it looks like and all the intricate detail that I place into my pieces. This collection contains a slight different media collection then Mini's I. The books are made using the following: fabric paper, clay, ink, metallic paint, vintage paper, stamps, fibers various colors, metal charms, glass beads, wood, chalk, satin ribbons, twine and burlap and for the closure a metal ball clasp with elasticized tie and miniature buckles.

The cover of "Princess" contains a clay image I made and painted of a princess with a winged headdress.  The book, pages and binding are all made of chipboard and paper. I coated the Front, spine and back to protect it from fingerprints.

PRINCESS

 
Here is a close look of the spine, I added burlap in a woven format and painted it charcoal to add texture and dimension to the spine.



The books consist of 3 pairs of pages, here is the first. There is a sleeve on the left page. On top of the sleeve I place a Paris stamp and a wood button with a white fiber tie. In the sleeve I made a tag that is adorned on the front and back. The right page has a vertical pocket that I made using a punch and painted it green. On top of the pocket I added a Victorian dressed child. Inside the pocket are two tags with coordinated fiber ties.
 

 
Here is a closer look of the pages with the tags removed from the pockets. You can also view the tags a bit closer.
 

The 2nd pair of pages; the left page has a pocket with tags and a dragonfly made of velum on the wings, and colored chipboard for the body and wire for the antenna. On the right of the page is a picture frame I made and painted green with gold. I made a tag with fiber for the pull. Below the frame is a butterfly I painted with a metal word charm "memories" on top. Beneath the butterfly is a message (her joyous independent spirit".


The next image shows you the same pages as above but with the tags removed.

 
 
Here is the final and 3rd pair of pages in the memoir mini. The left page has a pocket with a organic shaped tag. The right side page contains a mini, wood framed chalk board. Attached to it, is a chalk stick and wipe in white. The pearl pin holds the chalk and wipe in place when not in use.
 


This a view of the 3rd set of pages with the tag removed.
 
 
 
The final image is view of the back side of the memoir mini.



I hope you enjoyed viewing this piece and if you are interested in seeing more of this style, please see video clips below:

BEAUTY IS EVERYWHERE



MAGIC
 
 
 
FOREVER




TIMELESS


I will have mini's available for purchase at our Holiday Trunk Show, so if your interested, please email me at bellaluzdesignz@yahoo.com for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment