Find what inspires you!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Memoir Mini's I

I was at a stamping convention and saw the cutest little books that this lady made and that inspired me to try and make my version of them. I did ask the lady what did she use for the pages and she said " ATC boards". I guess I am still new at the craft world, so I asked her what is that and where do I get some? She smiled and said "oh the vendor you just passed sells them". So I picked a pack up, but I didn't want to use them for every page, like the lady did at the show. I figured I would play with them at home and figure something out later. Well, below is what I came up with...


As you probably already know, from reading any of my other blogs, I really enjoy the beauty of Graphic45 papers. I recently acquired the Steampunk Spells collection and decided to use them with the mini book design. I built the structure and binding for the pages and spine from chipboard, then covered them all with decorative paper. I inserted a metal ball-head clasp (its suppose to be used for binding book pages from TimHoltz stash) hehehe....but works great for my purposes. I built a charm and placed it on the spine. I also placed charms on the front of cover. In this case 3 gears and a Trumpet with a clock face on it. Sorry, the trumpet is tough to see, its at the bottom of the cover in the center.

SEEKER


 

 The front ,spine and back of the book is painted and coated to protect it from finger smudges, etc.
 



Here is a close up of the spine and the charm (coordinated glass beads and a silver perforated puffy heart) dangling from a black corded bow.

Now for the inside....  I placed pockets on each page and made and adorned 2 tags in each pocket.
If you look closely at the left pocket, you can see that I placed a layer of paper butterflies and then a propeller on top with a red gemstone on top. On the right pocket (the pocket is made from a punch) I placed a silver charm shaped like a heart.


Here is a look of the same pages with the tags removed, as well as a closer look of the tags.
The tags are decorated on both sides. I like to add an inspirational word or two onto each tag.






The mini book consists of two pairs of pages, so here is the next set:
 
On this set, I made a pocket for each page and tag to into each. On the left pocket I placed a cat and added metal gears for eyewear, then on top of that I added a ceramic word charm, "Happy". On the right pocket I added gears to the pocket.


Here is a look at the pages with the tags removed and a closer look at the tags as well.
The tag on the left says "curious spells" and the tag on the right says "create the world you want to see".


Well, I hope you enjoyed viewing this piece. It was lots of fun to make, so I ended up making more in like design, please see the following videos if you are interested. Materials used, stamping, inks, paste, marbleized effect, paper, burlap, ribbons, metal charms, glass beads, ceramic charms, fibers of various colors, etc.  Each book takes about a week to make. I never know what the end product will look like, until I'm done.

Please look closely, since my designs have many details that are quite small and can only be seen by the keen eye or a magnifying lens! LOL...

 

TIMELESS




SPELLBOUND LIFE
 
 
 
 
SECRET TREASURES
 
 
 
 
 
 
UNDISCOVERED WORLDS
 

 

If you enjoyed these, I have another mini book collection, that I will post separately since the theme is a little different.  I hope you were inspired, thanks so much for taking a moment to view my creations.

God's Love,
Lyn
 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment