Find what inspires you!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

8x8 Scrapbook Dimensions-Twilight

I will be posting the books I make onto seperate posts, so that its easier to manage and view for all. :)
This post is of the very first book I made and I was humbled and surprised by the wonderful and thoughtful feedback by such amazingly talented women. I hope you enjoy viewing it.
The exterior of the book is covered in vintage fabric with images of paris and stamps and folks in the park. On the cover I stamp of the cullen crest in red wax. I added made a bottlecap with the couple and added red ribbon, same ribbon used on closure, along with a wood book knob painted in black. The center has a large black lace flower and smaller white one on top and then a red fabric rose in the center. I added black chain links with crystals as charms. The spine is covered in black textured leather with a ring clip attached. Attached to the ring is different fibers and charms,keys, lock. See below.
 
 
Below is the 1st pair of pages. This book stars Edward and Bella, I hadn't seen the movie when I made this book, so I don't know which version these images are from. I just liked what I found and put them all together. :) The left page has layered borders of different papers and topped with black lace. On top of the lace is a mini book with a clock I made from a cricut picture frame and a clock face I made. The mini book opens bottom up to reveal journaling area. At the bottom left you see an image of Edward. (Gorgeous right?) :)
 
I drew in scrollwork and then stickled it with red stickles around Edward leading up to the clock.
The mini book opens bottom up to reveal journaling area. At the bottom left you see an image of Edward watching out for Bella's safety. (Gorgeous right?) :)

 The right page is a picture frame in white roses. I placed black chain links on the left of the frame with white lace and tiny red roses. The insert card is also of white rose paper with a red tip and ribbon and charms at top. Edward and Bella are on the bottom left in a black glittered frame. I printed the image in black and white and colored their lips in with red pencil. The area with the work BITTEN I stickled to appear as blood dripping.


 This is the 2nd pair of pages in the book.
The left page-Forest, has a willowy tree I created with stickles and then covered it with moss. On top of the moss I placed tiny yellow flowers and crystal gemstones to reflect dew drops. I finished the tree with a small yellow butterfly perched on a branch. On the right of the tree is a moss covered picture frame with a card insert that I also adorned both sides.

The right page-Forest, I made a mini-book and binded it with ribbon, and inserted journaling pages. This book closes shut with a small magnet. On the right of the page I have a clock with a large black lace rose and a smaller white rose on top. The background page has tall thin trees that I sprinkled moss to the tops and the small curve path at the bottom of the page. I added tiny yellow flowers,stickles and clear dew drops to the moss.



 This is the 3rd pair of pages in the book.
The left page-Wedding, on the top right you see Edward peering through as the moon lights the special event. I liked this feature I had never done this and will use it again. I just cut into the page and colored the undeside edges to make Edward "pop" in the image. In the center of the page is a gazebo. This is the only item that I knew from the idea stage of making this book that  I knew exactly what I wanted. I sketched and came up with this version. Its drawn on chipboard then added decorative felt embossed cardstock and then cut it out. I added clear crystals to the posts and a single red one on the top of the gazebo. I placed a charm and card insert inside the gazebo for photo or journaling. The base of the page has moss and tiny white flower petals.

The right page-Wedding,  the top right of the page has a metal word charm framed in resin. Behind it is white lace. On the left of the charm is a picture frame made of thick crocheted black ribbon. The inner border is damask pattern, black and white. The frame corners have ceramis icons with tiny red rubys on top. The frame also has an insert for photos, etc that I removed for you to see below. At the bottom of the right page is a white lace border of flowers and hanging from them are red ribbon with three charms.



 

 

 

 

The is the final and 4th pair of pages in this book.
The left page-Bella, consists of Bella with layers of different papers for dimension beneath her. Like layers for who she is. (deep... i know! hehe.. ) In the center of the page is a white scroll with a red lace rose and on top of that a Key to her heart. Top left of the page is a card sleeve with a card insert decorated with coordinating papers and topped with ribbon and a bead charm I made.

The right page-Bella, The top of the page has borders of lace n black and white and on top of that is white lace roses. I sketched a gate on chipboard covered it with cardstock, drew lines with black stickles to reflect an iron gate. I added black and clear crystals as scroll work. The gate has a black ribbon closure with a charms. The inside has a contrasting paper in black and center is a section for journals or photos. The surrounding area in the black and white squares I made chess pieces and hearts from stickles.
 
Well, I hope you enjoyed viewing this book. It was lots of fun and love that went into it.
PS.. I actually made a couple versions of this Twilight theme books and they all sold for over 100.00 a piece. I was shocked at the adoration they recieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment