Find what inspires you!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Birthday Card -Dimensional

 
My friend Laurie, has a beautiful daughter named Mary. She shared with me her wonderful ideas of how she planned to surprise Mary with cards from everyone who loves her. It sounded very special and I asked to join by making a card for Mary too!
 
So that night I went home and was thinking about Mary and what could I make that would be special... Well when I think of Mary, she is young and vibrant with an old soul and a generous heart. Oh, and she loves pink and black.  So here is what I did...
 
 
 
The theme is vintage sweet and playfully beautiful, like Mary.
 
The front cover :
I used dazzles black filigree to frame the pink rose and petal. The rose and petal are cut-outs from a paper scrap and glued onto chipboard, pencil colored and stickeled.  I then added it to the card with foam dots so it pops from the page a bit. I did the same with the top right frame and wrote her name in it. Then at the bottom left I layered a pink, coffee, and chocolate-colored paper petals with yellow fibers and a tiny watch.  



 
The inside:
The background paper is of soft rose and blue tones in the images of florals and birds.
The left page is a planter  I made from a cutout  and placed using foam dots. I also used dazzles for the opposite corners, the butterflies and the words "Be Fabulous". I cutout the frame and journaled a special note to Mary. 
 
On the right page I found a image of a couch and cut it out.  I glued it onto chipboard and placed it onto the page with foam dots. I penciled in some more color for shading. I made a book with more chipboard and placed it on top of the couch. I added dazzles to line the base of the couch, to add a purse on the seating, and a butterfly at the left top corner. At the bottom right of the couch floor I added dazzle stiletto shoes. Then the final piece was the birdcage, again using dazzles.
 
 
 
 Right page Close-Up

 
The Back ...
I cut out some leaves from a scrap page glued them onto chipboard and placed them on the page with foam dots. I added a butterfly cutout and a dazzle dragon fly on the top right corner. Placing the leaves to form a flower. I used dazzle pieces for dimension in flower center and for the stem.




 
Dimensional View
I always like to have the piece come alive and have dimension, although words can do just that, why not have the paper join the party too! :)



 
 
The Envelope please...
 
I wanted the envelope to look like a little black purse. So I made it from card stock to fit the card. By the way the card is 5x5 square. I added a handle made from leftover ribbon. This ribbon is black satin on one side and glittery on the other. It has tiny pink seed beads and black and pink circles at each tip. Very playful. As you can see the card rests comfortably inside, with just a peek of whats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment