Find what inspires you!

Friday, December 13, 2013

5x5 Christmas Greeting Cards

I really love the steam punk and eclectic images I have been working on for this holiday.
So I was wondering why am I just making tags and jewelry with my digital art?
Why don't I try and turn my images into Holiday cards?

So.... I have never ventured into card making before, so, for those of you who are aficionados of this talent, please don't judge too harshly.  ;)

Fairee-Christmas

I first spent a few days creating the digital image, using layers of images, backgrounds and wording and then grouping images and segments together to derive this final design image. There are about 38 layers on this image.

Once I was happy with the design, I then print, cut and paste onto the 5x5 blank card. I added frosted stickles in ice blue and silver for accent. I also layered a segment of fiber in caramel color onto the card spine.

There are 4 digital designed pages for each card design I make. The front, the left inside, the right inside and then the back of the card. As depicted below:
 
 
 
Below are a few more digital designs with the same design structure in mind...
 
SnowBalls
 


Boudoir
 

 
 
 
Red


No comments:

Post a Comment