Find what inspires you!

Friday, December 13, 2013

KeepSake TeaParty Box

 
Hello my friends, I had a special friend ask me to make a TeaParty box with a red door for her friend this Christmas. I don't think I would of gone this direction with this design, but that's the beauty of inspiration, it comes when you don't expect it. :)
 
I had these metal word plates from Tim Holtz and one worked perfectly for the front of this box. "Life is about creating yourself". I painted and crackled the exterior with a base coat of ice-blue and a top coat of barn door red. I then stained and tinted coordinated paper and pasted it onto the door surface. The framed panel is painted in red chalk paint. I placed 2 charms, a key on the bottom left and a owl on the bottom right.
 
After thought... I don't know why I selected the ice blue as the under coat... I just went with it and it worked... I think?? what do you think?
 



As you open the hinged door with gold color clasp that closes the door, you will discover the wonders of a miniature tea party in play. There are tea pots of all sorts found from her many travels and each carrying their own special story. Each pot rests on 4 separate shelves. If you look very closely you will find a little girl having a tea party with her friend Teddy. I really loved this piece. It brought back many fond memories of Alice in Wonderland and childhood thoughts.

I also hang from the top of the inside a strand of crystal pearl beads. I completed this piece with a light at the top left corner. It is battery operated and can be easily removed to replace battery when needed.  I almost forgot.... do you see the small wood box on the upper left? Inside it, contains a wipe cloth and chalk for writing notes on the front panel of the door, when this box is closed.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this piece and hopefully inspired you create with an open mind and use colors that you would never think of on a general basis. Have a wonderful holiday and  I hope I meet you at our upcoming event.

No comments:

Post a Comment