Find what inspires you!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Gift-Card Tags

Good Day, I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!
I have below a new design on my tags this Holiday. I have created gift tags that also serve as gift card holders. These have become a big hit at all the shows and events I have attended. So thank you very much for everyone who has appreciated them!   :)

I thought I would share some design details with you today:



CandyCane-GiftCard Tag
 This large tag is made from thick quality card stock. The is size is 3x4 ish... since I custom made the tag base cards myself, their not store bought.

I created a digital image for both sides of the tag. Front (left image). I then layered the back side with twice the image to camouflage the white pocket that I placed onto the back of the tag. (right image)

Note: The digital images take layers of images and backgrounds and lettering design, which takes several hours to design before a final image is completed.





SnowFairee-GiftCard Tag
I typically take a couple days, even a week to first work on the digital images I want for each tag design. I wanted to create atleast 4 to 5 different designs to start with. This took about 2weeks to complete, off and on between my 9-5 job and sleeping.  LOL..  :)                                                                                    Once I complete the designs I like, then I begin the printing, cutting and gluing the image onto each tag. In this design, I wanted to make tags that would carry a little pocket that would hold a gift card. So, as you see in the image on the far right (in blue) you can view the pocket with a small tag peeking out from the top.
                                                                                             
 


I started with only 20 tags and took them to my next show and they all sold,.
I only had 2 left. So since they sold so well, 
I have continued to make them and they will become a staple item
that is seasonal throughout the year at different events. 
Most ladies said they would use them for fellow co-workers and employees.
I was so happy that these were well liked!!


Feel free to stop my our next event on Costa Mesa and pick some up! Its this Sunday at FrameMyArt. 11a-4p, there will be wine, music and raffles too!

No comments:

Post a Comment